Dr. Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, a board-certified dermatologist with a clinical practice on Park Avenue in New York, is recognized worldwide as an authority on dermatology, laser surgery, and cutting-edge skincare ingredients. She holds BA, MD, and PhD degrees from Harvard and is an Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale.
We were delighted to host Dr. Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, one of the most well-respected dermatologists in the country, for a conversation about all aspects of skincare. She shared so much useful information with us that we decided to capture it in a series of video interviews for you! In this video, she discusses her top acne tips:
-Key external causes to watch out for
-How your cleanser can help
-What to look for in anti-aging treatments
-Considerations when you're choosing prescription treatments
-How to prevent acne scars
We hope you enjoy this rare opportunity to learn directly from Dr. Macrene — we adore this incredibly smart, kind, and accomplished skincare expert.
And when you're done watching, don't forget to check out our blemish-fighting best sellers listed below.
- 37 Extreme Actives Cleanser, Dr. Macrene's excellent non-drying cleanser with major acne-fighting benefits
- Medik8 poreCleanse Gel, a powerful anti-acne cleanser that's great for balanced to oily skin types
Spot & Area Treatments
- Medik8 betaGel, our #1 best seller
- The Organic Pharmacy Blemish Gel, our customers' favorite acne spot treatment for pregnancy & nursing
- S5 Purity Serum, a highly effective but non-drying spot treatment that's available in mini size, too
- The Organic Pharmacy Purifying Seaweed Clay Mask, our favorite mask for congested skin
- 37 Extreme Actives and 37 Extreme Actives Extra Rich, non-comedogenic and oil-free anti-aging treatment moisturizers
- Luzern Laboratories Micro-Gel, a fantastic oil-balancing and anti-aging gel moisturizer that helps keep skin clear
- Elave Oil-Free Moisturizer, one of our best-selling lotions for balanced to oily skin types
- S5 Balance Fluid, created by a holistic dermatologist specifically for sensitive and acne-prone skin
About Dr. Alexiades-Armenakas: Macrene, who holds a BA, MD, and PhD from Harvard, is a Diplomate of both the American and European Boards of Dermatology and Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale University School of Medicine. She runs a dermatology, laser surgery and research center in Manhattan and a lab-based skin care research company. Dr. Alexiades-Armenakas has numerous publications and discoveries in the fields of basic science, dermatology and laser surgery. Her practice and academic work are focused on topical dermatologic anti-cancer and anti-aging therapies, laser technology and skin rejuvenation. Learn more about Macrene’s impressive background here.
Any topic discussed in this article is not intended as medical advice. If you have a medical concern, please check with your doctor.