A whole new way to get a sun-kissed glow / 1.7 oz
TWELVE Beauty Glow Island isn’t like any other product we’ve seen. In the words of its formulator, Pedro Catala, it’s like “an Instagram filter without coverage: it gives you a nice, subtle tone without makeup for a quick, fresh-faced effect...a summer holiday golden glow.”
If that sounds like just what you’ve been wishing for, it probably is. This is a whole new way to get a sun-kissed look: unlike the fussy, one-dimensional self-tanners we’ve seen before, this versatile formula can be used as a standalone product, applied over or mixed with a makeup primer, or simply applied on top of your sunscreen for an instant glow that builds a subtle, natural tan over time. It’s incredibly easy to use.
And, like all TWELVE formulas, it’s infused with highly bio-compatible nutrients, resulting in a sense that this product just belongs on your skin. A host of TWELVE favorites (hyaluronic acid, Sodium PCA, and saccharide isomerate) keep skin hydrated without weight, while panthenol and oat flower soothe, acerola extract provides natural Vitamin C, and jojoba bolsters skin’s natural protective barrier. A natural fermented sugar, erythrulose, provides a subtle and gradual tanning effect that can be built up to your desired look.
Also fantastic: unlike a typical makeup product, there’s just one shade of Glow Island that works across skin tones and skin types. We were curious about this, too: is it witchery, or is it just Pedro’s genius? Maybe it’s both. Check out Dara’s interview with him about the secrets behind the formula – and why it’s become a runaway best seller for TWELVE — on our blog.
How to Use
- Jojoba oil: This natural liquid wax is one of the key elements of the skin’s hydrolipidic film.
- Panthenol: A naturally derived soothing and skin conditioning agent. A must-have for sensitive, stressed-out skin.
- Acerola extract: A powerful antioxidant rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids. It also has a strong moisturising action due to containing dextrose, fructose and other sugars.
- Hyaluronic acid: This high molecular weight version creates a permeable film on the skin, keeping it flexible and hydrated.
- Oat flour: Rich in beta-glucans capable of repairing the superficial layers of the skin.
Aqua, Glycerin, Erythrulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Laurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Pca, Saccharide Isomerate, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tocopherol, Caramel, Levulinic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate.
Aqua, Glycerin, Erythrulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Laurate, Cetearyl A...