Organic kale powder that makes healthy eating easy and delicious / 4.2 oz (approx. 50 servings)
Dr. Cowan’s Garden Kale Powder is a food supplement in the truest sense: it’s actually food. And this delicious, nutrient-dense powder, a classic, can get an abundance of healthful greens into your diet with about two seconds of effort.
Kale is a highly nutritious vegetable known for its many anti-inflammatory phytochemicals. It is an excellent source of Vitamin K, beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and manganese, which is important for skin health. However, kale also contains goitrogens, which inhibit thyroid function. These are mostly removed with cooking, so Dr. Cowan’s Garden steams their kale before dehydration to allow you to reap all of its benefits without the drawbacks.
More than four pounds of kale are contained in this 150-gram jar. Dr. Cowan’s Garden chooses varieties that include Red Russian, Scarlet, Lacinato, Dwarf Siberian and Toscano to give the powder a bright, grassy flavor.
When folded into most other foods, Kale powder takes on the flavor of those foods, which makes it ideal for picky vegetable eaters! Sprinkle it on eggs, salads, rice, buttered popcorn, steamed or roasted vegetables, and fish or chicken. You can also add it to smoothies, soups, stews, pasta, spaghetti sauce – really, anything you enjoy. Check out other favorite ways to use this powder under “how to use” below.
How to Use
2. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to a cup of heated bone broth, along with a handful of chopped fresh greens and leftover cooked rice or pasta. Simmer, covered, till greens are tender. Top with a dollop of sauerkraut.
3. Fold into cottage cheese and add chopped nuts and/or raisins.
4. Add a teaspoon or so to a mustard-citrus vinaigrette.
5. Sprinkle over sliced tomatoes, avocados and chopped cucumbers (finish with a great salt).
6. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to your favorite smoothie.
7. Generously sprinkle over cooked rice or pasta, along with two or three other vegetable powders or salts.
8. Add a tablespoon to guacamole.
9. Add a teaspoon or so to your favorite cookie batter.
10. Mix a half-teaspoon or so into your favorite sauerkraut.
11. Thinly slice a bulb of fennel and sauté in bacon fat and ghee. Blanch a small bunch of chopped Swiss chard. Add to each a tablespoon of Kale Powder and a tablespoon of Leek Salt. Mix the flavored fennel and chard together and serve right away.
100% organic kale
100% organic kale