Organic leek powder that makes healthy eating easy and delicious / 4.2 oz (approx. 50 servings)
Dr. Cowan’s Garden Leek Powder is a food supplement in the truest sense: it’s actually food. And this delicious, nutrient-dense powder, one of our favorites, can get an abundance of healthful alliums into your diet with about two seconds of effort.
Like other members of the allium family, leeks are antimicrobial, help reduce inflammation, and regulate lipid levels in the blood. Leeks contain important amounts of the flavonoid kaempferol, which has repeatedly been shown to help protect our blood vessel linings from damage. These highly underrated veggies are an excellent source of Vitamin K, which helps regulate the body’s inflammatory process, and they also offer good amounts of manganese, Vitamin B6, copper, iron, folate and Vitamin C. Leeks are also a good source of Vitamin E, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids.
Fun fact: the most nutritious part of alliums is their green shoots. Dr. Cowan’s Garden features this part of the plant in their leek powder (using the King Richard and Autumn Giant varieties) to enhance not only its flavor but also its nutritional power.
We can’t get enough of the mild, sweet and oniony flavor of this powder, which will take your morning omelets to new levels. You can also sprinkle it on salads, rice, buttered popcorn, steamed or roasted vegetables, and fish or chicken. Stir it into to soups, stews, pasta, or spaghetti sauce, too, for greater depth of flavor. Check out other quick uses under “how to use” below.
Just one teaspoon equals an average-size serving of the fresh vegetable.
How to Use
2. Add to scrambled eggs, along with sautéed fresh greens and one or two other vegetable powders.
3. Grate a pile of cheese, mix into it a tablespoon of Leek Powder, and place between two slices of bread. Sauté in butter for a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
4. Slice open a baked potato (sweet or another favorite variety), add butter and a generous sprinkling of Leek Powder.
5. Add generously to buttered popcorn, along with at least one other vegetable powder.
6. Along with two or three other vegetable powders, add to soups and stews.
7. Place slices of raw cheese atop slices of sourdough bread, broil till cheese starts to melt; remove from oven and sprinkle Leek Powder over the cheese.
8. Slice fresh tomatoes, sprinkle with sea salt mixed with Leek Powder.
9. Sprinkle atop your favorite cracker with peanut butter.
10. Toward the end of baking, halve sweet potatoes, score the insides with a fork, add butter and a generous sprinkle of Leek Powder and sea salt. Return to oven to finish baking.
100% organic leeks
100% organic leeks