Naturally iron-rich biodynamic beet powder for food / 6oz (approx. 50 servings)
Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder is a food supplement in the truest sense: it’s actually food. And this delicious, nutrient-dense powder, one of Dr. Cowan’s best sellers, can get an abundance of healthful beets into your diet with about two seconds of effort.
Beets, called red carrots in Europe, are among the undisputed stars of the vegetable world. Research has identified three main medical uses for the common beet. The first is as a liver/gall bladder tonic because of its abundance of betaine, a phytochemical that thins the bile, thereby allowing for better bile flow. Beets have also been traditionally used to treat anemia, especially in children, because of their iron content. Finally, recent studies have shown that beet powder is as effective a blood-pressure medicine as conventional treatments, most likely because of the presence of nitric-oxide precursors found in the beet root.
Dr. Cowan’s Garden Three-Beet Powder is made from three varieties of beets (Detroit Red, Chiogga, and Golden) grown by the Demeter-certified biodynamic farm Hawthorne Valley in Hudson Valley, N.Y. Because of its intense flavor and abundant nutrients, Three-Beet Powder can be used in any dish, from salads to desserts (especially chocolate). Try a teaspoon added to plain yogurt along with a dash of maple syrup, or check out other quick uses under “how to use” below.
How to Use
1. Stir a quarter cup into your favorite pancake batter.
2. Add a couple tablespoons to your favorite chocolate cookie recipe (take out the same amount of flour).
3. Add to spaghetti sauce, whether homemade or store-bought.
4. Blend a teaspoon or more with a cup of almond milk and a frozen banana for a quick smoothie.
5. Add a tablespoon to heavy cream and whip with maple syrup.
6. Add a half-teaspoon or so to applesauce.
7. Add a teaspoon to a serving of oatmeal as it cooks. Serve with heavy cream, cinnamon, and raisins, if you like.
8. Add a teaspoon to your favorite granola.
9. Add to mayonnaise or room-temperature butter to make a colorful sauce.
10. Use as a dry rub on meat; allow to sit for an extra few minutes on the meat to "bloom."
100% biodynamic beets.
100% biodynamic beets.