Ingestible elixir that helps soothe skin irritations and support their healing / 2 fl oz
Arcana DISPEL tincture is designed for itchy, inflamed, red, irritated skin: conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and anything with superficial roughness, dryness, or flakiness. It was the first formula that Dr. Anna Gold perfected after having worked with many of Kristina Holey’s clients — the very same ones that have found the Marie Veronique + Kristina Holey line of products to be their topical skin saviors.
This ingestible formula’s carefully chosen blend of medicinal herbs soothes both at the skin’s surface and internally to more holistically support the healing process. DISPEL is what we turn to for those who struggle with intractable perioral dermatitis and eczema in particular — we have seen photos of successful treatment with DISPEL that would take your breath away.
How it works: DISPEL uses a number of herbs (Siler and Shizonepeta) that are known to calm “superficial wind,” a concept in TCM that refers to any kind of irritation or rash on the skin’s surface. “Wind” arises when the Blood (in TCM, it’s known as the life force that nourishes the organs and connective tissue and houses the spirit) is deficient, resulting in superficial heat. Added to these wind-calming herbs are major blood tonics like Rehmannia and Angelica, as well as herbs like Sichuan Lovage that are known to boost circulation. Gypsum and Mu Tong are known in TCM to drain heat that can accumulate internally. Anna added a handful of Ayurvedic and Western herbs — Astralagus, Echinacea, Burdock, and Gotu Kola — for their anti-inflammatory and immune-regulating properties.
PS If you have severe allergies to any specific foods, please check the ingredient list and consult your doctor if you're uncertain about these varieties.
How to Use
- Siler and Schizonepeta relieve itch and calm inflammation
- Puncturevine is used in Chinese medicine as a liver tonic to help regulate immune disorders
- Rehmannia is used as a yin tonic for the blood and kidneys, benefiting the adrenals
- White Peony is used in TCM as a tonic for blood and as a “heat reducing” herb for the liver. It has been used to treat immune-related and inflammatory disorders for more than 1200 years.
- Fleece flower has been used in TCM for more than 3000 years to tone the kidneys and liver and rejuvenate the nerves
- Sophora is widely used in TCM to treat rashes and eczema
- Chinese field mint diminishes inflammation and works on nerves to mitigate itch
- Anemarrhena is used in TCM to purge heat, nurture yin, and relax tension; it is excellent at reducing inflammation in the skin
- Gypsum is used in TCM to clear excess heat, particularly in the stomach and lungs, which guide the health of the skin
Burdock*, Gotu Kola*, Siler*, Angelica*, Puncturevine*, Rehmannia, White Peony, Sichuan Lovage, Fleece flower, Schizonepeta*, Astralgalus*, Sophora*, Atractylodes*, Field mint, Schisandra*, Anemarrhena, Licorice*, Gypsum, Mu Tong, alcohol, distilled water
Burdock*, Gotu Kola*, Siler*, Angelica*, Puncturevine*, Rehmannia, White Peony, Sichuan Lovage, F...