Mineral foundation powder — without the mess / 0.28 oz
Inika’s Baked Mineral Foundation, along with the brand’s Liquid Foundation and BB Cream, made us fall in love with this organic, vegan, cruelty-free brand from Australia.
This powder has been baked on a terracotta tile in Italy, a technique that allows Inika to provide the performance of a pressed powder without the chemicals that many pressed powders contain to prevent crumbling. Baked Mineral Foundation is a beautifully lightweight, breathable, hypoallergenic powder with sheer but buildable coverage that can be used on top of Inika’s Liquid Foundation or BB Cream for extra polish or on its own (we particularly love how it looks on top of oils). There's a mirror inside the compact, too, which is quite handy.
This Baked Mineral Foundation is Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, and Halal.
Our shade selection advice (click here for a shade finder with images):
- Grace is ideal for very fair & porcelain skin tones; it suits very pale Asian skin tones well.
- Strength imparts a peach hue with a peachy/beige undertone; it's suitable for very fair to fair skin tones.
- Unity works nicely on light & medium light skin tones with cool, rosy undertones.
- Nurture is Inika's most popular shade; it's a forgiving colour that blends with most Caucasian skin tones.
- Patience is a warm beige for medium skin tones; it's slightly darker than Nurture but not as honey-colored as Trust.
- Trust imparts golden hues for medium to dark beige skin and honey skin tones.
- Freedom's golden red hues work best on medium-dark beige skin tones, darker Asian skin tones, or tanned & light olive skin.
- Inspiration has a darker brown shade with yellow hues. Suitable for very dark olive to yellow skin tones.
Want to try a sample first? Inika’s trial kits provide you with a sample of the brand’s Liquid Foundation, their fabulous Primer, and two shades of their Loose Mineral Foundation (whose colors match the Baked Mineral Foundation).
How to Use
- Squalane helps prevent hydration loss
- Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract soothes skin
Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecanol, Hectorite, Squalane, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Aqua, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecanol, Hectorite, Squalane, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extr...