Dr. Macrene Alexiades, a board-certified dermatologist with a clinical practice on Park Avenue in New York, is recognized worldwide as an authority on dermatology, laser surgery, and cutting-edge skincare ingredients. She holds BA, MD, and PhD degrees from Harvard and is an Associate Clinical Professor at Yale.
We have been delighted to host Dr. Macrene Alexiades, one of the most well-respected dermatologists in the country, on multiple occasions for coversations about all aspects of skincare. In this video, filmed in the original Ayla studio, she discusses her top acne tips:
-Key external causes to watch out for
-How your cleanser can help
-What to look for in anti-aging treatments
-Considerations when you're choosing prescription treatments
-How to prevent acne scars
We hope you enjoy this rare opportunity to learn directly from Dr. Macrene — we adore this incredibly smart, kind, and accomplished skincare expert.
And when you're done watching, don't forget to check out our blemish-fighting best sellers listed below.
- 37 Extreme Actives Cleanser, Dr. Macrene's excellent non-drying cleanser with major acne-fighting benefits
- Marie Veronique Treatment Cleanser, a wonderfully pore-unplugging cleanser designed for acne prone skin
Spot & Area Treatments
- Medik8 betaGel, our best selling spot treatment
- The Organic Pharmacy Blemish Gel, our customers' favorite acne spot treatment for pregnancy & nursing
- Luzern Serum Clarify, an all-over, non-drying and calming treatment for acne that seems extraordinarily gentle but really works
- Kristina Holey + Marie Veronique Intensive Repair Serum, a potent AHA/BHA blend that works wonders on monthly breakouts
- The Organic Pharmacy Purifying Seaweed Clay Mask, our favorite mask for trouble areas on congested skin
- 37 Extreme Actives and 37 Extreme Actives Extra Rich, non-comedogenic and oil-free anti-aging treatment moisturizers
- Luzern Laboratories Micro-Gel, a fantastic oil-balancing and anti-aging gel moisturizer that helps keep skin clear
- Elave Oil-Free Moisturizer, one of our best-selling lotions for balanced to oily skin types
About Dr. Alexiades: Macrene, who holds a BA, MD, and PhD from Harvard, is a Diplomate of both the American and European Boards of Dermatology and Associate Clinical Professor at Yale University School of Medicine. She runs a dermatology, laser surgery and research center in Manhattan and a lab-based skin care research company. Dr. Alexiades has numerous publications and discoveries in the fields of basic science, dermatology and laser surgery. Her practice and academic work are focused on topical dermatologic anti-cancer and anti-aging therapies, laser technology and skin rejuvenation. Learn more about Macrene’s impressive background here.
Any topic discussed in this article is not intended as medical advice. If you have a medical concern, please check with your doctor.