- Hyperpigmentation: how marine ingredients can help
- Marie Veronique on Soothing B3, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid
- Eye makeup tutorial with Eye of Horus: liquid & pencil eyeliners
- Hormonal skincare: how flare-ups during pregnancy, menopause, and ovulation are related
- Brand Spotlight: Omni-Biotic probiotics
Manasi7 was created by Susanne Manasi Persson, a Stockholm-based makeup artist whose approach is at the same time deeply thoughtful and refreshingly boundary-crushing, inspiring us to mix and match and play. We asked Susanne to create a 2023 summer makeup tutorial for us, and she graciously sent us this detailed list of instructions for the look of the moment: a polished rose glow.
A polished rose glow for Summer 2023
How to create the look
1. To achieve an effortlessly even skin tone, mix any of the Skin Enhancer shades into the perfect match for your skin tone. (Give your Skin Enhancer added lustre and less coverage, if desired, by mixing it with a small amount of face oil before application.) Apply with damp sponge, fingers or foundation brush.
As a concealer, apply the Skin Enhancer with fingers, sponge, or concealer brush on areas that need more coverage.
2. For a naturally glowy look, apply Bronzelighter in Roseate as a bronzing cream under and on the cheekbones and temples as well as under your chin.
3. Apply Eye Glow Colour in Ayame on eyelids and blend out evenly towards the eyebrow bone for a natural finish.
4. Apply a small amount of Silk Finish Powder in Translucent with a powder puff or powder brush on the t-zone for setting makeup.
5. Apply Silk Glow Powder in Perihelion with a powder brush and swipe all over your face or on desired areas for an all over glow.
6. Apply All Over Colour in Furusato on lips with fingers or lip brush, and on cheeks to give a healthy flush of color.
7. Apply Strobelighter in Sunsubiro on the top of your cheeks as a subtle, glowy highlighter.
8. Curl your lashes and apply Precision Mascara in Obsidian on eyelashes.
9. Apply a very small amount of All Over Shine in Cristallo on eyebrows with fingers or an eyelash spooly brush for added glow and holding in place.